Did Star Trek Discovery air on US television complete with the f-word that I heard?

Favorite Answer

IF I remember correctly

only the first episode

or perhaps the first two episodes

aired on "free TV"

and the rest were reserved for CBS Access (pay "channel").

Let's see if I can find the details:

I quote:

The season premiered on September 19, 2017, at ArcLight Hollywood, before debuting on CBS on September 24. The premiere episode was also made available on CBS All Access, where the rest of the 15-episode season was streamed weekly.

So: only the first episode was broadcast on CBS.

It is now available on both CBS All Access and Netflix...but NOT on free TV and NOT on typically-available cable channels. I.e. it is only (in authorized state) available on those two internet "pay channels".

(Note that it is also available on streaming channels, which apparently is legal for the viewer to view but not legal for the provider to provide according to international copyright law)

I don't remember an F word and I watched it off Netflix.

edit: Was it All Access? I can never remember.

Other All Access shows DO have the F word, like The Good Fight.

• Ozzie Klunk

I am watching the iTunes version.  It was in S1 E5, at 31:54. 

Star Trek Discovery doesn't air on TV in the US.  It's on CBS All Access, which is a streaming service.