Traveling to Thailand?

What all do I need to go to Thailand besides my passport and plane ticket. Do I need health insurance? I want to know what’s all needed before purchasing the plane ticket 

Depends on what you plan on doing and where you are going in Thailand.  Travel insurance is a maybe.  You may want to get your Hepatitis A an B shots and make sure your Tetanus is up to date.  Just in general, Hep A and B are for eating street food.  Just in case.  Tetanus just because you are in a foreign country and you should be up to date. Research what you want to do.  For Bangkok, I use Bangkok.com for entertainment.  Risque entertainment I use Bangkoktonight.com  General info on Thailand Thaiwebsites.com  Cultural differences read that section in ThailandGuru.com   TripAdvisor has a decent selection of touristy restaurants.  Agoda.com, booking.com are good for hotel discounts.  Yes, sometimes you can get decent packages on Hotels.com and Expedia and Orbitz.  I have been visiting T

hailand since 2004 and I normally book my airfare separate from the hotel.  From the United States I would only take EVA Air, Cathay Pacific Airlines and China Airlines in that order.  There is also Air China, China Eastern and China Southern that flies cheap flights but, either too short or too long lags between flights.  I have once missed a flight in Taipei on a China Airlines flight that was either 90 minutes or 2 hours between flights and I missed it because for 8 transferring passengers.  The next time I went same problem but, they held the flight because there was 36 transferring.  Leave 2 1/2 to 3 hours between connecting flights in Taipei or Hong Kong.  I have done this 20+ times 

Source(s): 15 years of traveling to Thailand, mostly Bangkok
  • Nicey8

I think travel insurance is sufficient. Thailand is a high league among the developing nations, so sanitation should not be a problem except in the rural areas.

If you wanna protect yourself, buy a health insurance.

get a visa and get passport and credit card that is accepted in most shops in Thailand.

Money             .

• You may need a visa depending on what country you are from and what type of visa you plan to have.

Bring a change of clothes.

You need a sackful of condoms and lots of lube.