Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What was your baptism experience like? How do you know when you are baptized with the holy spirt?

Favorite Answer

The way you would know that you have been baptized with the HS is that you'd hear a loud rushing wind, tongues of fire would rest on you, and you would speak in a language you were never taught (Ac 2).  Obviously that doesn't happen today.

The purpose of that baptism was simply to show the Jews that the Gentiles were on an equal footing spiritually with them when later the Gentile Cornelius and his family were similarly baptized (Ac 11:18; 15:7-9).  Even then, it was never a saving baptism, and thus Peter still commanded Cornelius to be baptized with water (Ac 10:47-48).  Once it served its purpose, the only baptism left was the one saving baptism, water baptism (Jn 3:5; Mk 16:16; Eph 4:5).  Those who claim they have been baptized with the HS are either deceived or lying.

By reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity, a person can know numerous truths about God and the Bible, as well as about the sacrament of baptism. St. Kateri Tekakwitha spent much of her life contemplating the tremendous dignity of being baptized and numerous miracles have been granted via the waters the spring where she was baptized. This spring can be visited at her national shrine in modern-day Fonda, New York.

After baptism, there is laying on of hands, by those who have the priesthood authority, for the gift of the Holy Ghost. Find the church that does this and you will be right.

Acts 8

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

• misty

I live in the real world.

When we accept Yeshua as Lord and Savior we receive the Holy Spirit.

1 Co 12:3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.

When we are immersed in water and baptized or prayed for the baptism of the Holy Spirit comes upon us. Those that have been baptized with the Holy Spirit will display the "gifts" (working is a more accurate description). Those "gifts" are:

Word of wisdom

Word of knowledge

Faith

Healing

Miracles

Prophecy

Discernment of spirits

Speaking in unknown tongues

Interpretation of unknown tongues

1 Co 12:1-12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Water baptism is not a part of what saves a person (1 Corinthians 1:17) because you can't add any works to salvation (Romans 4:5).  And baptism in the Holy Spirit is invisible and doesn't come with signs.  Not all believers are given the ability to speak in tongues (1 Corinthians 12:30).

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not..The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

Supernatural things happen afterwards

To ***CONFIRM*** that the LORD is working with you" (Mark 16:20)!

"...hath HE said, and shall HE not do it? or hath HE spoken, and shall HE not make it good?" (Numbers 23:10).

Didn't JESUS SAY

"POWER comes upon you" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)?

Didn't JESUS SAY

"SPIRITUAL GIFTS" are received (I Corinthians 12:7-10) after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13)?

Didn't JESUS SAY

"SIGNS FOLLOW" (Mark 16:17-18) after Holy Spirit baptism (Mark 16:16)?

If you are a TRUE Christian,

What are you asking this question for?

• Norine1 month agoReport

(((ALL))) "members of the body of Christ" (I Cor 12:11-12) who have been Holy Spirit baptized (I Cor 12:13) receive "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I Cor 12:7-10) IMMEDIATELY and is why in I Cor 14:26 Paul was ADMONISHING the Church at Corinth for LYING about the "Spiritual gifts" in I Corinthians 14:26!

Life then death then life then death then life then death then life etc. until I don't know. Paul said he died daily. Source the bible.

I know it's a process that takes my lifetime and more

• Norine1 month agoReport

(((ALL))) "members of the body of Christ" (I Cor 12:11-12) who have been Holy Spirit baptized (I Cor 12:13) receive "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I Cor 12:7-10)  IMMEDIATELY and is why in I Cor 14:26 Paul was ADMONISHING the Church at Corinth for LYING about the "Spiritual gifts" in I Corinthians 14:26!