Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Can believing in God make you more intelligent?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Jea
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't seem to work that way.

It requires a reduction of intelligence, a shutting down the curious mind, to conform to the orders of the men who own them tell them to.

Religion costs you money, self esteem, and your identity.   A price far too high to pay to play pretend with other adults!

• 8 months ago

Beliefs NEVER make you more intelligent.  Study and exercising your powers of analysis can help with that goal.  But simple belief does NOT involve meticulous analysis or exercising of your logic abilities.

• 8 months ago

No, but it CAN make you wiser.

• Old-un
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

It can help us act with wisdom if we listen to Him and obey, in the new system after Armageddon, we'll be brought back to perfection and then we will be more intelligent. When Jesus was baptised all of his pre-existence in heaven was revealed to him, all he did with his Father Jehovah, eons of time and all he knew and did downloaded into a human brain; think on how much we'll learn living forever on earth; to learn about it go to jw.org and use all available and also request a study if you want, all is free to all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

From reading what the Christians post on here, I would say absolutely not. 

• 8 months ago

Yes it can go to www.jw.org and see for yourself

• 8 months ago

Yes , because GOD ask us to ponder on HIS creation through our bodies and soul and to ponder on the creation of HIS universe ,by using our intelligent that GOD bestow on us , in the form of power of imagination.

• 8 months ago

Believers are given wisdom (it is one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit). Wisdom essentially means “good judgement”. You know why these celebrities keep marrying and divorcing? They do not have wisdom in choosing a spouse. Not good judgement=no wisdom. Wisdom elevates the things of god to the intellect. 

• k w
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I believe, but don't go to a brick and mortar church....AND [ King James Bible

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. ] I don't want traditions of men that make void the Word, that most get from a brick and mortar church...AND His Word is pregnant it grows and builds upon itself as you learn......

Source(s): http://heavendwellers.com/hd_complete_companion_bi... AND using a concordance AND bible dictionary AND if the Spirit moves you, use a greens interlinear bible
  • 8 months ago

No, just believing is not enough you have search for his truth as well though the Scriptures as well, please read

John 5:39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.