Where to properly dispose electrical waste?

I usually throw electrical equipments (old smartphones, tables, batteries..etc.) into our trash bin but is there a proper waste disposal facility I can go to dispose these? I would like to do my act of helping the environment

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

A scrap yard will buy these items from you.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Check with your local disposal company, they might just say throw it into the Recycle bin for pickup.

Our city also has a hazardous waste and electrical/electronic waste disposal site drop-off once a week, but I found this out from a neighbor!

• 7 months ago

As you put them out on street and let them collect by city dump. They all ends up shipping to third world countries to poison their land and people, a selfish act by so call advance countries. To let you feel better, keep them all in your home rather than to poison others.

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Waste disposal rules vary not only state by state, but also county by county.  In Charlotte County, Florida, for example there are several transfer stations where residents can bring their garden waste, old rechargeable batteries, left over paint, old appliances and electronics.  

Some electronic retailers, such as Best Buy, also accept some e-waste for recycling.  A note to the wise:  if you are disposing of an old computer, take out the hard drive and drill a hole through it.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • qrk
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Many major cities have E-waste programs. Do a search on the Internet for your area. Also, look on the web site for your local rubbish collector company. Often, they handle e-waste.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Our local dump has an E-Waste Section.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.