Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If you are under 21 can you still be a pedophile?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

According to the DSM-5, if you are 16 years old or older you can be a pedophile. So if the person is 16-20 then technically yes they can be.

However, since those under 21 are children themselves in my opinion they cannot be true, full-blown pedophiles. They can definitely be budding into that and they can be convicted of sexual offences but I still caution against labelling them that and writing them off at such a young age.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Of course. A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. That is all, so any age can be a pedophile.

• 1 month ago

depends I seen 15 year olds go to jail over it so yes

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The age of the suspect is irrelevant. It is the age of the victim that defines a pedophile. 

The definition of pedophile does not include any age, it is defined by having an attraction to a pre-pubescent person. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes. You can. Especially if you have sex with minors or have, send, receive, or look at pictures of them naked.

• But if you are under 21 you are a minor yourself, so that does not make much sense.

• 1 month ago

Of course you can. A 20 year old lusting after a 4 year old is a pedo.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course. You don't seem to know what a pedophile is. First it is not the same thing as a child molester nor is it a crime to be a pedophile. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13. A person must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

By legal definition, yes.

• ...Show all comments
    • The clinical definition is someone 16 and over, but in my opinion it really is not accurate to attach that label to someone under 21 because they are still a minor.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You can always be one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.