Moritz asked in TravelCruise Travel · 8 months ago

What do teen guys wear on a cruise night?

We are on a cruise during the Christmas holidays and my parents make me wear that tuxedo on 2 nights. 

Will other teens be similarly dressed or will I be the only one in such a ridiculous suit?

Favorite Answer

Depending on the cruise line, you will definitely be in the minority not just for teens but for any male.

That being said, I agree that if it fits well and you look good you will be noticed, especially by the girls, and in a good way.

• Den B7

Shorts, Hawaiian shirts and sandals.

No you'll be happy you dressed up

Plus a great time to get the family photos done with

They have a gala night dressy so just go with it...great experience and youll make parents happy

This suit is not ridiculous, it's very spiffy. So stop grumbling, you will have to wear it anyway.

And no, not many teenagers will wear a tuxedo like yours.

Depends on the cruise line.  Many have done away with formal nights.  That said, there are always one or 2 "special" nights and while there may not be other teens wearing them, it won't be out of place.  

I wouldn't worry about it.  As the other responder said, if it fits, you will look great.  Enjoy the novelty.  Cruising is a blast. My kids are adults now, but when they were little, and when they were teens, they really enjoyed it. 

You're more likely to be in the minority. But that's no problem, your tuxedo fits well and you'll make your parents proud.