Did AOC prove that you don't have to bribe billionaires to do what they would do anyway? Start businesses? Amazon just opened their NY...?

...shipping center without the $3 billion tax cuts neocon politicians had offered them before she shot it down. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/ocasio-cortez-tak...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It was absolutely absurd to offer  3 BILLION in tax cuts, to a company that pays no  Federal taxes.  This is why we're 22 TRILLION in debt. 

The last thing Bezos needs,  is a 3 Billion dollar  GIFT. 

• 8 months ago

And the Gold Medal for mental Gymnastics goes to...

(:

AOC screwed NY out of thousands of jobs and much-needed economic stimulation just to win a "victory" of "Big Business."

Tell me...is the real reason you guys want to raise minimum wage is to find a way to force new taxes on business?

Forcing them to pay more, then taxing the hell out of your "gift to the working class?"

• helene
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Gosh, you are denser than plutonium. The tax incentives were NOT for a piddly-*** shipping center.

Glad you're pleased about it, though, because that's all New York is getting out of Amazon.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I know liberals aren't smart enough to figure out basic math. But do you know what the tax is on 78 billion dollars? 

? Which is what the East Coast headquarters was projected to bring in sales ? It's 6.8 BILLION dollars a year at the current NYC tax rate. Plus the taxes paid by the 25k employees. Plus the property taxes. Plus the economic boom to the area.

Only dumbass weasel trolls would think that moron AOC did the right thing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Amazon   outsmarted  AOC  

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I'm a Democrat but I'm not a fan of what AOC did to Amazon.

• Toast
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

1.  Not in her district. 

2.  Occupied by 1500 existing employees instead      Of the 25,000 new jobs they wanted to create.

EDIT: She truly is a dumb c unt. 

• 8 months ago

a shipping center, bringing in 1500 employees in an existing building. instead of an east coast headquarters that they build, and staff with upwards of 25000 employees in a vulnerable neighborhood that could seriously use an injection of jobs.. Yea, sure. That is totally the same thing. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.