Does anyone know what this is?

Some kind of fossil maybe? Coral?

To anonymous: Not boring at all! I love rocks, fossils and crystals...just couldn’t find this or the other one I posted in my books. 

Any chance you’ve seen my other post? It would only let me post 1 photo, I hadn’t  used this site in years, I couldn’t decide which angle to show. The title of the post was the same. Does anyone know what this is? No one has had any good answers. 

It looks like a head of cauliflower down to the stems and is covered in a thin layer of shiny agate or crystal

Favorite Answer

Thats an impressive fossil. It appears to be broken crinoids and tube worms. Crinoids are often called sea lillies but they are animals and related to starfish. Crinoids once ruled the massive tropical Iapetus Ocean that covered North America 500 million years ago. Crinoids died en masse after spawning so large numbers would drift to the ocean floor and become covered in sediment which lithified -turned to rock as millions of layers of sediment built up and crushed the Crinoids remains. 

Also in the mix is the tunnels of tube worms that feasted on the remains of Crinoids and the soft bodies of other ocean dwellers. In some examples it's nearly impossible to guess which is a tube worms and which is the Crinoid. 

The Niagara Escarpment is made entirely of marine sediments that covered ocean dwellers and Crinoids are the most common. Geologists around here soon tire of finding nothing but crinoids and tube worms. BTW: Crinoids still exist. They were the inspiration for the sentinels in the Matrix movies. Corals are found in special formations such as the Elora and Rockwood formation on top of the Niagara lime and dolostone. It's really fascinating and I could talk for hours about this so I will stop now before boring you to death