Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 8 months ago

The guy I liked was so cold when I asked him for help. Is he letting me at his place just for pity?

I ran from my parents home since we badly argued and they have just behaved terribly with me. I won't say what they said but my mom almost hit me just because she is stressed and always amswers back aggressively. He is the only one I thought he was a friend, I have no one else. He lives alone and was surprised when I knocked at his door. His apartment only has one room and the living room but I was so desperate I went to him without even calling. He was a bit shocked when I told him I was not going home and insisted that sooner or later I should make up with my parents. I don't know if I will, since what they told me. He had to work so we just  talked for the hour before he left. He insisted then that I slept in his bedroom and he would sleep in the living room. I said no but he insisted and took his work clothes the night before so that he wouldn't get in the bedroom in the morning. I'm thinking he just helps me out of pity not because he loves me. He admitted to be afraid that my parents would blame him for me running away from  home. I said of course not I came here you did nothing but he said 'you don't understand, you're underage, I will get in trouble...'.

This guy is pretty dumb to not be calling the police (before your parents report him for harboring an underage runaway). No, he doesn't love you and he's probably terrified of you given that you've put him into a horrible situation that could land him in prison. You need to get out of his apartment, NOW. Go back home and start talking to your parents about you going to live with some other relative or something. You are "jailbait" and you're going to ruin this guy's life if you don't leave him alone.

ugh no one wants this responsibility without even being asked first.... you just showed up, out of nowhere.... i would act cold too.... act like an adult. get a job. move out..