Why can't I send a friend request on fb?

I sent a friend request to someone and I'm not sure if they declined it or not but I can't send another one to them. Like that option is gone entirely. I thought maybe they changed their privacy settings to friends of friends but my other account that has no friends of this person let's me send a request to them. Is there a way that they blocked me from sending friend requests? I can still view their profile as well

• Daniel

Because the Friend Request got Denied and Marked as Spam or that they dont know you in Either of those Situations the Friend Request Button is Removed and you can not Send them another one

• keerok

You can't send a friend again because the request is still active. Your friend is either still pondering over it or simply ignoring you.

When someone deletes a friend request from you then you can't send another one. She just deleted it, she didn't go and "block" you

• Jamie2 months agoReport

Okay but how do you explain that my sister also wasn't able to send a friend request to this person despite never sending one in the first place and after around 30 mins she was able to send one