Cathy
Cathy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Do you think Donald Trump will be elected to a second term??

Keep in mind George Washington and Barack Hussein Obama were both elected to a second term!!!

Favorite Answer

I think he will be reelected.  But this is mainly due to people being lazy and complacent.  I don't think Obama or Bush should have been reelected but both were.  Dems could have a chance if they ALL rallied behind a single candidate... I think we can all see where the party is going and that unity and strategy is not an option for them.  

In my opinion this all speaks more on the weakness of democrats than it does the strength of Republics and or the popularity of Trump.

nope he has burned his boats already

yes.

only three presidents have not won a second term  since WWII so odds are in Trumps favour .

• Prince

What a HORRIBLE thought. 

• Cousin

Jeez, I sure as hell hope not. I would like to see Pete Buttigieg because I think he would be good and could be trusted not to be homophobic, misogynist or racist. But I am sure that the Republicans would attack Pete on the basis of being Gay and probably outspend him also. A viable contender would be Bloomberg of New York, who would break a different glass ceiling. Hillary could not break the glass ceiling for women and Pete probably could not afford to break the glass ceiling for Gays, but Bloomberg could break the glass ceiling for Jews. Then, if the Republicans attacked him on the basis of being Jewish, we would all KNOW something. 

Yup and I’ll be voting for him!

TO BE HONEST IT IS LIKELY THAT NO ONE KNOWS THE ANSWER

I sure do. Keep America Great!

only time will tell, we'll just have to wait and see

Well, given that we don't know who he's running against yet, it's hard to say.  I've been saying for months that it's a toss up.  He has a pack of loyalists who will vote for him no matter what, and a pack of haters who will vote against him no matter what.  As always, it's swing voters in swings states that will decide.

The head-to-head polls all show Democrats winning, almost no matter who they nominate.  But the moderates do better.  But those types of polls, especially this early out have a pretty poor track record of predicting anything.  

What are swing voters likely to think?  Well, we're in a strong economy, that's usually a guaranteed re-election for a President.  But this is a strange President with historically bad net approval ratings.  

I think that if the Democrats nominate a moderate, especially one that doesn't randomly challenge people to push-up contests or bite his wife's finger or smell little girls' hair, I think that the swing voters will be glad to move on from Trump.  But swing voters probably won't react well to a Warren or Sanders or other socialist radical nomination.  The best way to re-elect Trump is to nominate an extremist that alienates these swing voters.  They went for Trump in 2016, so D's should not think they won't do so again to avoid a candidate they perceive as even worse.

This is why I say it's a toss up.  There's too many variables, some pointing left, some pointing right.

He won’t survive his first.  He will be removed from office by next month.