why at age 66 can I not remember an affair 30 years ago? I am the wife.?

I am a middle aged man and I don't recall anything from my unhappy childhood, first ever date, or most of the women I had relationships. Except the last one many years ago. It could be your age group and that you have new memories have replaced the old ones inside the hippocampus part of the brain. 

you have an early stage of dementia

I don't know because im 63 and i can remember just about everything about my life, even from when i was in elementary school.

past is gone leave it

This is so stupid, if she couldn't remember the affair, how could she be posting anything about it?

• KTJoe

Husband is confessing of several sorted affairs.

I can't remember being surrounded by adoring female fans 30 years ago either.  ( I wish I could).  Yet a week ago I was looking at a hill and suddenly memories came flooding back of something that happened there more than 60 years ago.  It is rare for memories to actually disappear.

• God

It just got mixed up with all the others.

• Linda

Maybe you can't remember it because it never happened or it was so long ago most of the details have left your memory or it was so unmemorable it was not worth remembering? I would try to forget about it because it was 30 years ago and you can't go back and change things and people make mistakes and change.

60 you are suffering from dementia