How can anyone justify hitting with a belt or at all.?

As a victum of constant belt attacks, kneeling on cheese graders and hit with whatever was available, you don't grow up with any self esteem which makes you perfect subject for continuous abuse thought your life.belts to hell.If you think belts are ok, let someone beat you and see how it feels

Kids need it. Just because you were smacked for all the wrong reasons doesn't mean anything other then you were smacked for the wrong reasons. 

Kids need to be smacked. It teaches them to do as told and not to whine, cry or mouth off. 

It stops kids from being brats and stops them from being spoiled brats. 

I grew up getting the belt. It builds character. It helps your kids not become a**holes in high school. Yes, a few may end up with self esteem problems but that can be solved better that having to deal with a teenager who disrespects his parents.

• Linda

Hitting a child with a belt is cruel and unusual punishment and I'll never condone or understand it. I don't and I am sorry this happened to you.