Do teenagers really drink alcoholic?

I read books mostly young adult basically aimed at teenagers. A lot of the books characters tend to be 15, 16, 17 years old and they drink beer/alcoholic. I recently started watching this Netflix show the actors are supposed to portrayed high schoolers in their sophomore years and they drink beer/alcoholic?? I don't get it. Is this real? As is does this thing really happen in real life of teenagers drinking? I already been graduated high school a few years back, I never had friends or known someone who drank during my high school years.

I don't drink. Never have, never will.

Yes they do. When I was 13...I didn't know that my aunt gave me liquor by accident because she didn't care to tell about the drinks before I taste them. She told me at the last minute. I didn't taste a lot of alcohol until I was 20.

Some do some don't. As a teenager myself, I have easy access to alcohol through different ways. But I've never tried it. Some people do. But sometimes it's exaggerated in tv shows. Not all teenagers drink alcohol and not everyone get easy access to them either

• Nathan

Did you drink?

Not every teenager drinks alcohol, the same with adults, but it does happen. I'm 16, and it is extremely easy for me to get alcohol if I wanted it. I don't, but many people my age do and will take it. If it's easy to take, and they have no reason not to, they're going to.

Yes this does happen, a lot of teens drink - especially in countries like America where the drinking age is higher. With that being said, books and TV tend to exaggerate it a lot. Most teens don't drink all the time (usually just at parties) and there's never as much partying in real life than there is in tv/movies/books ect.

There are also a fair amount of teens who don't drink at all (although they are a minority).

At age 17 my parents caught me binge drinking. So, yeah. 

This question makes no sense

of course, teenagers drink alcohol there's a reason it's called the nectar of the Gods

Yes; many teenagers drink alcohol before they reach legal drinking age.

Possibly not as many as indicated by films and TV though.

Yes djejdbejbrmfjdnrndjrnrfmjfd

• y

Less now then in the past. The contracts, especially with high school athletes. That school now make kids either sign or have the 0 tolerance in the student handbooks. Forced kids away from booze at parties and such and turned them them more towards pot.  But yes, the majority by the time they graduate, have drank at some point.