Is it a big deal since I dont wash dishes the " correct " way?

So my bf got mad at me since i dont soak them in the left sink and rinse them in the right sink..he says I am way too slow..of course I use hot water and soap but i dont have time to let them soak or whatever..i just turn the water on and wash them..is.it a big deal if I dont do it that way?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If he has an issue, he can always clean them himself

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If he doesn't like the way you wash up suggest he buys you a dishwasher !

• 2 months ago

My first reaction to your question was about your BF. Is he a control freak? Does he tell you how to do other things as well. If so, you might consider another BF

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is a golden opportunity. Just thank him profusely for doing all the dishes - correctly - in the future, since your method is inadequate.

• Amanda2 months agoReport

Are you serious? I always get the dishes done so why does it matter of the method or speed? Wow

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If you wash dishes promptly, why would you need to soak them? Cook & eat, scrape everything off, fill a dishpan with hot sudsy water, and wash. Do stuff like clear drinking glasses first, forks around in the middle, pots and pans last. The idea is that you can't get drinking glasses clean with your dish water after a greasy pot has been washed in it. Wash a few pieces then rinse and stack in the drying rack. Clean you dishpan, the sink, the counter top. You're done. 

If this guy has some idea that the only right way to do stuff is the way his family does it, then you'd best straighten him out. 

• 2 months ago

That's how I do it. It works fine.

• 2 months ago

It’s NOT a big deal. Y’all are getting the same outcome from different ways. He soaks them, you rinse them. That’s like you showering and him taking baths. There’s a difference but at the end of the day y’all are equally clean. 

• Beth
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

There is no "correct" way to hand-wash dishes, and it is not a big deal that you choose to hand-wash dishes without soaking the dishes first.  

Source(s): I rarely soak dishes before washing them.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.