Does placing your fingers in hot, soapy, alcoholic water heal them?

If I have damaged fingers from guitar abuse should I place my fingers in the sink with hot water and a few squirts of hand soap and a few drops of rubbing alcohol. Should I do this daily? Because today is my first day and I feel like I have new fingers.

Why would you want to do that if they feel like new fingers?

• Eva

No it wouldn't. There's nothing in that mixture that's healing. In fact you could be doing more damage to your skin.

• Lili

Use moisturizers regularly.

If you have cuts, keep them clean, but apply antibiotic ointment or cream.  Alcohol and hot water will just cause them to sting and dry out the skin. You do NOT want dry skin on your fingers if you're playing the guitar vigorously.

• al

The alcohol and soap will dry them out and make them worse. Get some bag balm and you will be good!!!

• Mark

I'd buy some "Corn Husker's Lotion" or balm for cow's teats, but that works really well for human hands, too and apply one of those daily.