Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

I think I have Marfans syndrome?

I'm 21 male, and have always been very skinny. I am 5'10", 140 lbs, and can pass both wrist and and tests. I can encircle my wrist with my thumb and pinky, and my thumb can extend out when making a fist. Does this mean I have Marfans syndrome? Can you do both of these things and not have marfans syndrome?

Favorite Answer

You can do those things and not have Marfans, and you can look pretty normal and still have Marfans.

I have it, so did my mom, so does my sister and niece.

My sister isnt as tall, not double jointed but a genetic test proves she has it.

You need to see a doctor. You can get a blood test for genetic testing, you should get your heart, eyes checked.

Marfan.org

• martin

Wouldn't say so. Just tried both and could do them both, so no Syndrome.

Neither of those things alone means you have Marfans.  There's more than a dozen tests. You can score yourself at the link.

• Jerry

Talk to a Dr. No one here can give you anything but an opinion. Talk to someone who knows.

Try a doctor. The Syndrome is well documented.

• Lili

You're not tall enough.  You're barely over average height for a man. You're just a skinny late adolescent.

Do you have any heart conditions? Crowded teeth?  Unusually long arms and legs? Are you very nearsighted?  Do you have flat feet? A breastbone that protrudes outward or dips inward?

If not, stop worrying. Marfan's is very rare, in any case, and most often inherited.

Those signs you mention can be done by a great many people without Marfan's, including me.