Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

I think I have Marfans syndrome?

I'm 21 male, and have always been very skinny. I am 5'10", 140 lbs, and can pass both wrist and and tests. I can encircle my wrist with my thumb and pinky, and my thumb can extend out when making a fist. Does this mean I have Marfans syndrome? Can you do both of these things and not have marfans syndrome?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can do those things and not have Marfans, and you can look pretty normal and still have Marfans.

I have it, so did my mom, so does my sister and niece.

My sister isnt as tall, not double jointed but a genetic test proves she has it.

You need to see a doctor. You can get a blood test for genetic testing, you should get your heart, eyes checked.

Marfan.org

• Login to reply the answers
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wouldn't say so. Just tried both and could do them both, so no Syndrome.

• 2 months ago

Neither of those things alone means you have Marfans.  There's more than a dozen tests. You can score yourself at the link.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Talk to a Dr. No one here can give you anything but an opinion. Talk to someone who knows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Try a doctor. The Syndrome is well documented.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're not tall enough.  You're barely over average height for a man. You're just a skinny late adolescent.

Do you have any heart conditions? Crowded teeth?  Unusually long arms and legs? Are you very nearsighted?  Do you have flat feet? A breastbone that protrudes outward or dips inward?

If not, stop worrying. Marfan's is very rare, in any case, and most often inherited.

Those signs you mention can be done by a great many people without Marfan's, including me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.