Phoenix asked in PetsFish · 8 months ago

Small fish seems to be nibbling on my large fish?

I have a 30 gallon take with a couple of fish inside. One is an approximately ten year old black moor who has seen better days. One of my Cory Dora’s seems to have taken interest in the large cyst(?) on his back which seems mostly benign as he’s had it for years. This Cory Dora is constantly nibbling on it and other areas, which my big fish seems to obviously dislike. This has only started very recently, so I don’t know if he will continue, or give it up. There are three other Cory Dora’s who pay no attention to the black moor. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just separate my black moor from the community tank?

They sense the abnormality & are actually doing "Surgery" on the big guy to remove it. Ask a Vet. . . you'll see I'm right. Still, separate them b/c they think they're helping but it will probably kill him due to his condition. Under normal circumstances this is a natural instinct for fish & that's how it goes under there-if they have the right Fishurance Plan  ;)  

Best Fishes! 

It is rare for cories, but catfish often get a taste for the slime coating on the side of larger slower fish.  once they get the taste, they don't stop.  You will have to separate them.  The Slime coat that coats a fish is the fishes main immune system, you can not allow the other fish to be damaging it. 

• Enigma

Bullies. They need counseling,call a vet for advice.