Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 8 months ago

Why has NYC changed so much since the 80's?

Favorite Answer

A new generation has taken over. 

• T'rone
    9 hours ago

It was cleaned up in the 90's.  I remember Times Square of the 70's-80's and it was a dump.  Junkies, whore and alcoholics.

Liberal policies have caused an explosive increase in the crime rate.

Gentrification. Yuppie paradise. No balls anymore. Eviscerated, emasculated, watered down like a Starbuck’s latte. No more personality

because of 'lazy' people...............

• W

It's improved dramatically. It's just too expensive for the average schmuck to live.

Eighties????? Things change every WEEK!  We live less than 100 miles away, and usually drive down about once s month.  Shows, museums, restaurant, sports - we never run out.  No, we do not sit in Times Square and do tourist things - that got old decades ago. One big change was the Disney, etc. driven cleanup of The Deuce - the porn film etc.area. Stored open and close - and we move on. Not gonna give you a list of what I miss - would have to give a second list of things better that I love.

• k w

I haven't been back there since I was a teen.....

Because it isn't Bumf*ck, Iowa.