Michael asked in TravelCruise Travel · 3 months ago

do the carnival shipping ports in Galveston have drug sniffing dogs?

They had in the past but the dogs developed an addiction to cocaine and had to be pulled out.

Although I've never cruised out of Galveston, I've never seen a drug dog as any of the 7 ports I've cruised out of.  I have seen them on the pier in some Caribbean countries sniffing people as they left the secure pier area. 

My wife has a medical weed card.  She has brought pharmaceutical vape juice and a pen on cruises.  The craziest thing I've experienced was in Alaska Weed is legal there, and every port has a weed dispensary. Ships follow federal laws, so it isn't legal on the ship, but plenty of people bought it in the ports and smoked it in the smoking areas on the ship. I have no idea if that was something unique to the cruise I was on, or if it happens all the time. I know people bought weed to fly home with.  The airports in Alaska don't have drug dogs that I saw. 

• Den B7

No, but they do have 'battery powered sex toy' sniffing dogs.

Yes, of course. Don't even think about it. 

• AJ

Yes, there are drug sniffing dogs

They will now! lol