Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 8 months ago

are hippos animals?

they look like monsters!!!!!!!!!

• MARK

Yes, of course. Both species of hippopotamus are animals.

There are no such things as monsters. If you still believe in them I propose you are here contrary to Y!A regulations which stipulate a minimum age of 13, I believe.

And what's weird is hippos are closely related to rhinos, pigs, whales and dolphins but not horses like people think because the word 'hippopotamus' translates into 'water horse' in Latin.

I've always argued that hippos are a species of flower.  But no one listens to me.

• Carlos

They are pretty much monsters that kill more people than Crocodiles , Lions ,  Hyenas and few other animals and Hippotamus has big sharp teeth , a nasty temper and can run 25 miles per hour straight and will chomp a person in half and do not care .

These aren't friendly animals shown in cartoons so I would classify Hippos as monsters that kill .

They are not plants, bacteria, algae, fungi or single-celled. They also eat, so they must be animals.

• Lôn

Yes of course...they are mammals too.

No, they are classified as vegetables.

• Bob

Trump looks a lot like a hippo. I agree too that he's a bit of a monster.

They are large and DEADLY animals. They kill people and even CROCODILES!!

are we talkin actual hippos at the zoo? or the kind you see at walmart in the electric scooters? yes and yes