Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 8 months ago

What can I do when medicine doesn't work?

I was diagnosed with hypertension so started taking Losartan-HCTZ. Lately, my blood pressure has remained at 178/105 for a week even though I take pills daily. I've even tried taking 2X each day but it still won't go down.

So what should I do????

• Tulip

You asked this already

• Tavy

Never take more, your Doctor can give you another pill to take with this one. I had 2 different ones and it brought down my BP.

There are many different BP meds and there are step-wise approaches to this, as well as adding other drugs to each other. What you should do, is see your doc.

I have that as well. Do consider returning to your doctor and get different meds. Perhaps consider two meds; one for the lower number the other for the higher.

• Lili

Don't you think you should talk to your doctor about this? We are not doctors here. We can't responsibly or ethically offer any treatment.

And NEVER adjust the dose of a prescribed medicine without consulting your doctor.

See your doctor again. That is dangerously high.