Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 weeks ago

I’m spending Christmas alone. Should I still cook a Turkey for myself?

Favorite Answer

If you prefer you turkey to be cooked then, yes.

• 1 week ago

I will just make something less troublesome but still feels like holiday, something like meatloaf and mash potato with side of eggnog or wine if u feel fancy. I am spending xmas alone as well, I plan to buy pre-made meatloaf from Costco then just put it in the oven on xmas then eat it alone while watching Netflix then drink myself to sleep so I don't have to stay awake and soak myself into the deep hole of loneliness. Oh by the way I'll be drinking martini. Martini always knocks me out in less than 4 drinks.

• 1 week ago

No, go to MacDonalds

• 1 week ago

I do this sometimes at the holidays, I get the best turkey I can find, usually Deistel organic, and cook it for me and the dogs. I even do vegetable sides that are dog friendly. My dogs LOVE the holidays!

Years ago I had a dog who in the last two years of her life refused any food but roasted turkey. I cooked a turkey every 10 days for that dog... I learned the best way to roast a turkey (the recipe that comes with the Deistel turkeys that has you pour a cup of water into the roast pan and not baste it - REALLY - no basting!) and found that the suggestion of pouring a cup of white wine over the turkey toward the end of cooking makes your gravey AMAZING...

If you are going to do it, do it right. Clear your day, have a clean house and kitchen to start with, set the table. Plan sides. Plan for leftoveras and be prepared to store them. You can even plan meals with all the extra food.

For my entire life I’ve been the one at the party who ends up stripping the turkey carcass and taking it home to make soup. Turkey makes amazing lasagna. you can even layer your leftovers like lasagna in single serving dishes, freeze them and they are microwave ready thanksgiving lasagnes. I’ve make leftovers into ravioli ... many kinds of soups ... quesadillas, sandwiches of course.

Like I said, for a couple years I cooked a turkey every week and a half for the dog so I ate a lot of turkey too... never napped so much in my life...

1 week ago

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It depends.

On your age, gender, physical makeup.

Depending you might want to consider becoming a bunny instead of a turkey.

• I am utterly confused on what this has to do with politics.

Christmas is a ways off so you have plenty of time to find  someone that will invite you for diner...maybe a lamb/chicken

You know Turkish cuisine is good

• Lolly

I don't see why not.

• 1 week agoReport

JEWS STILL EXIST ON PLANET EARTH, ALLAH PRAY THEM ALL AS GOD
      CHILDREN BLOOD AND SOUL, ONE BABY ALSO CANNOT LET GO
      (Seek ''Danny Woo vk" in Google or Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

• Kyle

maybe take some time and do some volunteer work.  go to a local shelter and cook for others in need instead.  you don't need to spend all day, but may two-three hours.  then you can decide if you want to stay longer. 

• 1 week agoReport