AskZilla asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 8 months ago

What is supposed to be so exciting about Baklava?

It is too sweet

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Lee
    Lv 4
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is too sweet and highly overrated.. especially by the London Greek community... if i have to go to another bloody Greek orthodox   wedding i swear I’ll......

• 8 months ago

personally, i love it and the nuts are good for you.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you have made baclava correctly with honey it should not be disgustingly sweet. But in today's world people use corn syrup and sugar and you wind up with the product which is so sweet that a kid doesn't even like it true high-quality baklava requires time. And effort and brushing. there's very few people around nowadays that wants to devote the full day that it takes to prepare baclava correctly

• denise
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes, its very sweet with the honey syrup, but its a nice treat if you dont have it often.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

it is very sweet and tasty

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

some people like it

• 8 months ago

a lot of people probably like it

• GFH
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

There are people who love eating baklava, just as there are people who don't like it.

• ted
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

It is just a dessert to me, and one that I've eaten only a few times because it is too sweet for me. 

• 8 months ago

😄

It's one of my favorite desserts.

Where did you hear that? 🤔 Either this is a coinky dink or my paranoid assumptions are true.

No one buys baklava on Thanksgiving except the Greeks and Baklava lovers which you clearly are not.

I'm banking on a horrible trick of fate. 😏🙄

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.