Disneyworld with newly diagnosed Crohns?

So my wonderful husband took a downward spiral about two months ago and went from 125 to 105 pounds had an Abscess surgery and was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. 

He’s been on steroids about a week and has had more energy than he has all Fall and is doing better even put a pound and a half on in a week. He doesn’t have a lot of appetite but he still eats only spicy foods trigger him so far. ( keeping a food journal) he doesn’t go a lot just gets tired easy. 

I’m just wondering if we should cancel our Disney world trip planned on New Year’s - the 5th? 

We have a dining plan and a resort hotel. 

He’s hellbent on the trip but I’m just wanting to do what’s best for him, is the food at Disney Crohn’s friendly we are both in our mid 20’s and just beginning to understand Crohn’s disease. Please if you have any advice 

I would cancel the trip if I were you, Crohn's brings on diarrhea and you can't see anything when you can't get out of the bathroom. My son had a bad deal with it. They did a colonospy on him and punctured a hole in his rectum, they told him that he had put the suppositories in the wrong way, how in the world could you put them in the wrong way, they're shaped like a bullet, you think a person is going to try to put them in there sideways? I think he started off with Remacade. I know that isn't spelled correctly but hopefully you can figure it out, then he was switched to Humira and I don't think that is spelled correctly either but his seems to be in remission now however he has come down with Scoliosis and we don't know where that came from and I don't think doctors do either but with the medicine they now have there are so many side effects you don't know which way is up/down/in or out. Good luck to your husband. My son got in such a bad shape they wouldn't let him have anymore pain killers for the puncture in his rectum, I had to doctor him with tobacco, it has some very STOUT pain killers in it, 3 different types, an analgesic, and anesthetic and a anti-radicular. Tobacco is also biological against Crohn's but he wouldn't let me put it on him.

My sister has just been diagnosed with this and while I am on very bad terms with her I do sympathize with her on this. 

I would discuss with the doctor and absolutely go by his or her advise. 

Start by discussing this with your husband's doctor.  It would seem that your husband is unlikely to be in good health a months from now given he as just has surgery, is critically underweight, has no energy, and has a serious condition that could result in uncontrolled diarrhea.  

• Cammie

You can call the Disney dining program or Disney programs.Let them know and there won't be a problem.Enjoy your trip.

Near the hotel resorts, there’s a central dining area that serves several types of foods. There’s an Italian one that serves pasta and pizzas. There’s one that serves American food like burgers and fries. In the morning you can get breakfast like scrambled eggs, pancakes. The cafeteria is similar to a hospital cafeteria. Different stations for different foods.  Use the cafeteria to fill your mugs with drinks. 

My advice is to eat at the parks or the shopping villages. You might have to pay extra but it’s better than the cafeteria. 

Canada has a steakhouse. France has a bistro. Germany has beer. Japan has sushi. There are stands that serves country specific foods. 

The safari park serves middle eastern foods. 

• Tavy

He needs to live as normal a life as possible. Millions live with Crohns, of course he should go.

It should be fine font hold back