Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 9 months ago

Why is my UPS package going in and out of NY and NJ?

The package shipped from NJ and then there was a mechanical failure and it went to the middle of Long Island and now back to a different town in NJ. It's supposed to be delivered to Queens, NY.

If your driver completed the delivery, then the package's tracking status or a delivery notice (a UPS InfoNotice® ) should indicate where your driver left the package. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion. This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area.

If the tracking status indicates that your driver completed delivery and obtained a signature, the package might have been signed for by a neighbor or another resident at your location. If the driver delivered your shipment to an alternate location, you should have received a UPS InfoNotice that indicates where the shipment was left (for example, a neighbor's house or leasing office).

Check with others at your address, or perhaps a neighbor, to see if someone else has picked up the package. You can also check around the entrances of your residence for the package, particularly on back porches, bushes, garages, grills, or other places that might protect your package from theft or weather. Note that drivers may also use plastic bags to protect your package from the weather.

If you still cannot locate the package, contact the sender of the package to initiate a trace process with UPS. The sender will then follow up with you on the progress of your shipment.

they're stupid and not in any rush. they do this because it's cheaper for them

The routing of packages is more mysterious than anything I can think of. But it is their business to do this with the greatest efficiency. In the last month, I have had four different flutes, valued from $300 to $12,000, shipped by or to me. Only one came direct from NJ to NY Hudson Valley.  The others went in what seemed to be loony zigzags, as I followed the tracking.  But they all arrived safe and in time.  I just shipped something 30 minutes ago to PA.  Wait and see . . .

It's got to be an over rated employee.

• Dv8s

People make mistakes.

I don't think it's mechanical issue.