What has been your most frequent subject matter when and if you write poetry?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I write about my mental issues. My shrink told me to write about that. It helps me. And, in part, helped to partially overcome it. I'm fighting anorexia! and I'll prevail!. 

• 8 months ago

Mostly it was about "eyeballs".

• 9 months ago

Surely it must be personal experience, and the fact that it produced either a pleasant memory. of a very hateful one. The passage of time however often softens the edges of the reality leaving only the nostalgia, and the dream.Thus lots of poetry become a very personal thing, and getting a reader to 'tap into' this emotion is the difficulty.

I remember reading Shakespeare's Henry V, and in particular the description of the battlefield the night before the Battle of Agincourt. Shakespeare never had the experience of taking part in a battle, but someone had, and passed on the gut feeling of the potential terr to him. Don't just read it, be there, see and feel the menace, and the sweat run down the crack of your backside, its quite impressive.

Billandhiscats.

• 9 months ago

metaphysics, romance

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Insects. It wasn't a plan, but it turns out there are a lot of things you can say about lightning bugs and bees and spiders and ants (which are actually things to say about people).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.