Noir asked in TravelCruise Travel · 9 months ago

Will I feel the swaying of Norwegian Pearl cruise ship?

I mean Norwegian Pearl cruise in December, Miami to Costa Maya. Do you feel any movement of the ship like swaying or rocking or does it feel like a hotel on the ground? 

• L

Hubby and I went on the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska, years ago, I didn't feel a thing.

When you're standing, on the deck, you can see the ship moving but you don't feel anything.

You can watch videoes on You Tube  of  massive giant ships, that promise "No sway"-------

yeah, and then they get stuck in some freak weather, and the piano goes crashing thru a glass wall. 

Ships will rock and sway, if the weather and waves get bad enough....but generally speaking, they are fairly steady-

• AJ

There will be some swaying but as to how much it depends on a lot of factors like where on the ship you are at and what the weather conditions are. Ocean could be calm or choppy.

Most ships have stabilizers that keep the boat from rocking. Most of the time you don't even know you are on the water. Been on 33 cruises.

Low Price Guarantee On Norwegian® Pearl Cruises, Plus No Booking Fees! Destinations: Canada, Bahamas, New England, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera. Flexible Payment Plans. Tons Of Freebies. Highest Rated Agency. Magellan Award Winner.

Cruise LinesGroup CruisesCruise DealsDeparture PortsView Destinations

Carnival Cruise Line

• Den B7

Only after you get off of it.

Normally you don't notice any pitching or rolling on a cruise ship, but it depends entirely on the weather.  If you are sailing into a strong head wind, the ship will move about.  Having been on all manner of ships, I find the best approach to rough weather is to stand up facing forward with a glass of Scotch.

• David

I've been on two cruises. The first one there was some mild rocking that almost felt motionless. The second, we were on the edge of a Caribbean tropical storm, and the ship was rocking back and forth making it almost impossible to walk. My wife and I were fine, but they had over 1500 cases of motion sickness. And the storm was so bad, they had to avoid one of our destination ports.

So, I think if anything, you might experience the first. Just realize that a little motion is normal.

The ship is on WATER, water moves, now what do you think the ship is going to do? I sure hope you are smarter than this.

Modern cruise boats have stabilizers that keep them from rocking.  Having been on ships both with and without them, I'm amazed at how well they work.

There are some people who can get seasick in a waterbed! (Really!)  They might not like being on a cruise.  But for the rest of us, it shouldn't be a problem.