What does it mean when a guy grabs/rubs your thigh?

Last night I was sitting on the couch next to my friend Jake(he was at my house because he was hanging out with my brothers). I have known him for years but we haven't really talked much recently. So I was sitting next to him and he touched my thigh with his pinky and then said "oh sorry" and I responded, "you're fine". Then he sat his hand next to my thigh and started rubbing my thigh with his pinky. Over the course of a few hours, he slowly started rubbing my thigh with all four fingers and eventually had his whole hand on my thigh. He would only ever stop rubbing to spread his fingers even further apart. He also rested his head against the pillow I was leaning on and poked me in my ribs a few times to make me laugh. When I was about to leave the room he stood up and gave me a 10-second hug(he always gives me hugs, this is normal) and then said "have a great night, sleep well" and then gave me another hug. I would also like to note that he has never done this before. Was he trying to have sex with me or be flirty or make a move or see how far I would let him take it? I just don't know what his intentions were or how he feels about me now

• Linda

My take on it is he was testing you to see if you would stop him. Since you didn't he thinks and I also think that you liked it. Next time he will do more until his hand is somewhere you may not want it to be so be prepared and say no if it makes you uncomfortable.

Means he wants to have sex