Never seen Star Wars ?

I’m planning on watching the entire series on disney+ but I don’t know how to watch it. People are telling me either to watch it in release order or that it’s ok to watch it in episode order. Which one is better and why? Thanks

• Jolene
    Favorite Answer

Watching it in release order gives you the same thrills that came to the people who grew up watching it. You don't get the same feelings watching it  in episode order (like the huge twist at the end of Episode 5 is not a twist at all if you watch Episode 3 first). I recommend watching 4-6, then 1-3, then 7-9.

Absolutely 100% watch in release order.  4-5-6 (the first released) are the best movies.  1-2-3 are bad.  But if 4-5-6 really hooks you, 1-2-3 are tolerable because you're hungry for more.  If 4-5-6 don't hook you, NONE of the SW movies will hook you.  

When you get to the new ones, 7 is mediocre, largely just repetition of themes from 4-5-6.  8 is ungodly awful.  Rogue One is an attempt to tell a war story (ala Dirty Dozen) in a SW setting.  But it's not a particularly GOOD attempt.  it's just okay.  Which compared to the rest of the movies after 4-5-6, that makes it seem good.  Solo is not good either.

Release order, that way the less sophisticated special effects aren't going to interfere with the actual movie watching.

• EddieJ

I saw the first one released because a neighbor took me after she won a radio contest.

I fell asleep during the 2nd one.  And later I watched the one with Jar Jar.

I'm a Trekker. 

Episode order. Put Jar Jar behind you ASAP.

Star Wars is a waste of time. George Lucas is an idiot and without his team he would have ruined the series and run it into the ground even before Return of the Jedi. His dialogue is so bad it gives you a headache. The actors in A New Hope continually complained about it. Harrison Ford joked during the making of the film that they should tie up George Lucas and force him to read his own dialogue in hopes he realizes how bad it is. He also told Lucas that "you can write this stuff, but you can't say it." He's a terrible filmmaker who re-edites his film 1000s of times and every edit is more unnecessary and 500x worse than the last. His film are suitable for 8 year olds at best. Anyone whose hit puberty realizes that NO ONE has ever talked like ANY George Lucas character. The only adults who enjoy the films have yet to go through puberty. F*ck these movies.

• Victor

You're not missing anything.

Personally, I didn't like them after the original three, soooo ...

I would recommend you watch them in release order so you don't get discouraged when you realize the newer ones are garbage