Are atheists unable to grasp the simple concept of infinity?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

They can’t COMPREHEND anything unless it’s on a silver platter.

• 3 weeks ago

All people are. When we attempt to encompass it, our finite minds reel.

• 3 weeks ago

I understand infinity quite well, or at least well enough to realize that no person in their right mind would want to live forever...

• bobby3 weeks agoReport

No soul that breathes with human breath ever truly longs for death

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what the universe is - infinite - no beginning and no end. How does that square with your dogma?

• bobby3 weeks agoReport

The big bang b.s.,YOUR dogma,demands finiteness of time past and future

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Actually many of us who are physicists subscribe to the meta-universe, which is both infinite and eternal. And our global universe is just one of an uncountable number of global universes that have come and gone over infinite space and eternal time.

Source(s): The multiverse, also known as a maniverse, megaverse, metaverse, omniverse, or meta-universe, is a hypothetical group of multiple universes. Together, these universes comprise everything that exists: the entirety of space, time, matter, energy, information, and the physical laws and constants that describe them. [Wiki]
    • bobby2 weeks agoReport

No rejoinder?If you're trying to suggest that ageing and death also apply to the universe you need a very powerful physic.

• 3 weeks ago

I've never seen an atheist deny the existence of infinity, that the universe goes on and on without end. 

In nature, things have endings.  Having NO end is not natural, which make infinity supernatural.

Atheists accept the existence of infinity.  How much of a stretch would it be for them to consider the idea that it took a supernatural being to create supernatural infinity?  And everything natural.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • bobby3 weeks agoReport

You're one to be talking.Infinity is not just natural.It's inevitable.

• 3 weeks ago

What we do know is your god is beyond infinite - Your turn .

If i hear one more theist claim their god is beyond comprehension while comprehend said god i will turn into Eric Cartman .

Screw you guys - you're going home 

• bobby3 weeks agoReport

Wrong as usual flameturd.I'm not catholic and anyway Popery isn't Christianity.

• 3 weeks ago

Most atheists have studied maths and are fully aware of the concept of infinity.

• bobby3 weeks agoReport

Sez you but as a graduate mathematician I highly doubt that

• 3 weeks ago

WTF does infinity have to do with gods existing?

• bobby3 weeks agoReport

The universe and time(past and future) are both infinite

• barty
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think atheists grasp it just fine. The concept of infinity does not in any way prove that a god exists.

• bobby3 weeks agoReport

It has nothing to do with God.The point is that your beloved big bang b,s. requires finiteness of time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.