APB on an expired tag ?

Can someone put an APB out on an expired put of state tag. Approximately 2 years expired.

If so what would be the steps to take to do this?

Asking for facts not opinions. 

Out of state license plate tag*

Out of state license plate tag*

Only the police can do that.

Not for the tag, but for the vehicle (which has the tag on it) in which the kidnapped little girl was last seen. Complicated, I know. Think about it.

• Exoplanet
      2 weeks agoReport

Like babe, a lic. plate is a piece of aluminum. Inanimate objects seldom commit crimes. 

"Someone" cannot. The Police can IF the plate has not been surrendered and is presumed active although expired.

• Saphire2 weeks agoReport

So I cannot report an anonymous tip on it? Since I know for a fact that it is very expired. Most likely too if the tag is that expired, he probably hasn’t passed an inspection which also means no insurance.

The police can do it but need a reason to track this car down. Report the crime you believe has been committed. Don't go beyond the truth lest you get yourself charged with a false report.

• G. Whilikers
      2 weeks agoReport

You can and should file a report (in my state that method of tax evasion is a gross misdemeanor worthy of jail time). But the police set their own priorities. They'd rather have an address, it's easier to track down than a plate number.

Cops do that all the time - no special "steps" necessary

• Saphire2 weeks agoReport

Right but clearly he hasn’t been caught since he’s been driving around here for almost 2 years and never been caught with a very expired tag