APB on an expired tag ?

Can someone put an APB out on an expired put of state tag. Approximately 2 years expired.

If so what would be the steps to take to do this?

Asking for facts not opinions. 

Update:

Out of state license plate tag*

Update 2:

Out of state license plate tag*

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Only the police can do that.

• 2 weeks ago

Not for the tag, but for the vehicle (which has the tag on it) in which the kidnapped little girl was last seen. Complicated, I know. Think about it.

• Exoplanet
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Like babe, a lic. plate is a piece of aluminum. Inanimate objects seldom commit crimes. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

"Someone" cannot. The Police can IF the plate has not been surrendered and is presumed active although expired.

• Saphire2 weeks agoReport

So I cannot report an anonymous tip on it? Since I know for a fact that it is very expired. Most likely too if the tag is that expired, he probably hasn’t passed an inspection which also means no insurance.

• 2 weeks ago

The police can do it but need a reason to track this car down. Report the crime you believe has been committed. Don't go beyond the truth lest you get yourself charged with a false report.

• G. Whilikers
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

You can and should file a report (in my state that method of tax evasion is a gross misdemeanor worthy of jail time). But the police set their own priorities. They'd rather have an address, it's easier to track down than a plate number.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Cops do that all the time - no special "steps" necessary

• Saphire2 weeks agoReport

Right but clearly he hasn’t been caught since he’s been driving around here for almost 2 years and never been caught with a very expired tag

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.