Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 7 months ago

Getting ring engraved for boyfriend? ?

I’m buying a ring for my boyfriend for Christmas and want to get it engraved, is “I love you” or our names together too basic?

Favorite Answer

it's cheesy and I'm not sure if it's something a guy would wear 

/////////////////////////////////////

You had best first determine if your intimate gift is appropriate and whether your boyfriend would be happy to receive it.  You might find yourself sadly surprised, after going to time, trouble and expense to create this "special" gift.  Either engraving would be fine, if you decide to proceed, toss a coin.

• Dr. Stephanie

And what about ring size? Guys most often don't wear "jewelry" to begin with.

Write something only you and him know the meaning

It's been my experience to not buy men jewelry because they don't wear it.  A watch maybe or a wedding ring not much else.  The best thing you could do is not buy that ring get a watch if you want him to wear something.

• Dr. Stephanie

Yes, and whether or not it will be happily received, only time will tell..

If you’re sure he even wants a ring ... when you give it to him, ask him what he wants engraved on it.

A ring can be a serious symbol in a relationship. Make sure your upfront with him about what you expect it to mean (engagement with a wedding following soon? “Someday” marriage but not right now? Just going steady?), and make sure he’s on the same page about it.

• edward

Hmmm...does he normally wear rings? If he doesn’t he shouldn’t start just because you gave him one.

• Tepee

With such limited space your names should be sufficient.

Ill advised is what I would say. A ring is a very serious gift and should probably be given to him when you get married. The ring is a symbol of eternal commitment.