I am depressed (not a joke), what are some things that help you when you're depressed?

• black magic black magic

• Carmen

Pray for peace of mind and a calm heart as well as trying to figure out what’s the cause of your depression life or someone else? Try doing simple things if applicable like reading a good book look up exercises done at home like waking in place do u work have a family of your own? Do you like sports? Hope you find whatever needed to overcome this situation don’t give up. 

Exercise is proven to be incredibly helpful for people with depression. It dramatically increases serotonin levels (the chemical which makes people feel happy) in the brain. 

Here are some that help me temporarily:

-Masturbating (it's like a magic pill).

-Swimming for 30+ minutes (it helps me relax).

-Lifting weights in the gym (endorphins and other "feel good" hormones are released into the bloodstream).

-Mentally stimulating activities (thinking, processing information, reading about complex things...). (they keep my negative thoughts away).

-Activities that make me feel useful (working, helping others, cleaning up the house, fixing things...).

-Talking to a friend. (it usually does more good than bad...).

-Drawing and/or writing about stuff I find funny.

-Laughing (it makes you feel happy for a while).

-Crying (it releases a lot of tension).

Source(s): Mild depression / disthymia

therapist or psychologist would be the best suggestion 

• Chanel

See a therapist or do something that you enjoy.

If you stay at home then this feeling manifests itself cos you spend too much time thinking.

Try going to church as there are nice people at a church. Join clubs. Keeping busy really does work.

I wish you all the best sweetheart.

talk to a counselor about it

*Music

*Poetry

*Reading

*Science

*Futurism

*Material Pursuits

*Family

*Friends

*Forums

*Exercise

• Pam

SO sorry that you're feeling depressed. Everyone goes through it at some point or another. It would be important to identify what the cause of depression is. Mightthere someone that you really like who you can call to cheer you up? How about listening to music that is uplifting and puts you in a good mood? Do you have a best friend or close cousin you can call? Parents?

you could try praying