Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

So whenever I take my boyfriend to see my horse I can tell he doesn’t care ?

So horses are my life and have been since I was 5 years old and my dad got me my first horse. I am now 20 and I have had 4 different horses and now I only have one she’s an Arabian horse and she’s my entire world. Horses are my passion. I work with them. He is a college student and he works at a paint store. I don’t think I’m gonna go to college I am really good with horses and I love my job. But he goes out with me once a week to see my horse he just seems so uncomfortable and like he never gets to close to the horse. He never complains and he always asks questions and says he has fun but it’s so easy to tell he doesn’t. Sometimes when I’m talking to him about horses I can tell he doesn’t care. I don’t know why but this sometimes really irritates me that he doesn’t care or have much knowledge, when I say this he always throws in my face that I don’t care about sports. But in reality sports and animals aren’t the same ones an Alive being and one is rich assholes being paid millions to throw a ball. Does anyone understand why this makes me mad

Your first sentence is the issue. He can't compete with the horses. Kudos to him for trying. If he can't be part of it or you both can strike a balance, then it is better to part ways. You are already throwing him under the bus. Kick him loose and save your selves from an ugly, unsatisfying relationship. Your horses will thank you for putting them first.

he should respect it but you can't expect him to have the same love ad passion for things. his reactions seem perfectly fine to me. he might be scared or not be into horses don't get upset at least he goes. with my husband, he l loves football.. and I could care less about it. I still ask questions and show interest and watch them with him because he likes it.. not because I enjoy it. I'm into social events that he always goes to .. he don't like it as well. it shouldn't irritate you .. find friends that are into horses too 

Dump him!!!  He sounds like he has no passion.  Paint job?!! hmmph!

• Suzy Q
      3 weeks agoReport

Oh for goodness sake, the guy has a job to pay for college. Who CARES if it's in a paint store. 

I think this is something you should've covered before you started dating. Is his disinterest in horses something that weakens your relationship? I'm gonna just assume you don't have any shared interests. A normal couple should have differing interests, but some similar ones, too. If you can see he doesn't share your same passion(s), then do something else you'll both be interested in. Again, this is the kind of thing you're supposed to cover before you become serious... to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Hope it works out for you.

Yeah because you can't share your passion with him but then again he does have a point you don't care about sports and even though it's people being paid millions to throw a ball you still made it sound like horses are more important and even though he's a terrible actor and doesn't really care he tries to atleast listen to you about your passion and you seem to really hate that he likes sports. You can be together and have different interests. It just shouldn't outweigh the things that you have in common.

You said your horse was your passion and he goes along with you because he wants you to be his passion. He may be scared of her and I think that is probably wise of him because even though you are probably telling him what to do, he is still a little scared to do it. Have you tried to get him to give her an apple? 

You disrespectful *****, that’s why he didn’t give a **** about ur horse. Sports are a passion both playing and watching. Maybe show a little interest in his favorite sport and his passion to that sport maybe take him to a live game or something  and I promise you he’ll double his interest next time you show him your horse.

Source(s): Show the same attention you want
  • Orla C

It's frustrating, but I don't think this is a relationship that's going to last. Horses are your life, he's not into them at all, I suspect he's even a bit frightened of them. Far better for you to meet someone who also likes horses a lot. 

Horses are especially close to young women and while I have never owned one,  it is like a natural thing for many of us. (females)

Yeah it’s because your a spoiled little brat which is your daddy’s fault and now your boyfriend has taken up the mantle. Just break up with the guy because I can tell he’s a good dude, he acts like he cares and makes a real effort because he knows it’s important to you. I can tell your young *** is gonna marry some rich 50 year old dude that owns a farm in the next 5 years so you can have all the horses you want.