Why do you celebrate Christmas every year??? Why go through all that stress and spend all that money? I don't understand the point of it!?

• denise

I must admit, sometimes I think like that.

But, my husband & son would'nt agree !

• .

I don't, no stress in not celebrating

Because all of society does and we have good memories as kids before Christmas became the painful season it is now.

• Cogito

I just spend a few hours with my cousins at their house, give them a box of home-made gingerbread people and a bottle of wine, chat, eat a home-cooked meal, catch up on each other's news and then I go home.

No stress, very little expense.

• martin

As time goes by, fewer people are doing traditional Christmases.

What stress? Christmas is a day for getting together with friends for good food and good conversation. The food is more expensive than a normal day but it's fun to do every now and then. I don't get stressed by cooking, eating or chatting and we don't spend fortunes on presents. Christmas is only as stressful and expensive as you choose to make it.

Not everyone stresses and spends tons of money. 

The point for many families is to see their family. To all gather together. I tend to decorate a lot more when I know family will be at our home. And my husband can go over board with the dinner. 

I rarely get to see my brother. He and his family would come in for a few days and be our home for Christmas dinner. We stopped exchanging gifts years ago. 

I can’t imagine buying for a ton of people for Christmas.  But many people do. 

I don’t celebrate Christmas because of this reason