Why do you celebrate Christmas every year??? Why go through all that stress and spend all that money? I don't understand the point of it!?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I must admit, sometimes I think like that.

But, my husband & son would'nt agree !

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't, no stress in not celebrating

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Because all of society does and we have good memories as kids before Christmas became the painful season it is now.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I just spend a few hours with my cousins at their house, give them a box of home-made gingerbread people and a bottle of wine, chat, eat a home-cooked meal, catch up on each other's news and then I go home.

No stress, very little expense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

As time goes by, fewer people are doing traditional Christmases.

• 3 weeks ago

What stress? Christmas is a day for getting together with friends for good food and good conversation. The food is more expensive than a normal day but it's fun to do every now and then. I don't get stressed by cooking, eating or chatting and we don't spend fortunes on presents. Christmas is only as stressful and expensive as you choose to make it.

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Not everyone stresses and spends tons of money. 

The point for many families is to see their family. To all gather together. I tend to decorate a lot more when I know family will be at our home. And my husband can go over board with the dinner. 

I rarely get to see my brother. He and his family would come in for a few days and be our home for Christmas dinner. We stopped exchanging gifts years ago. 

I can’t imagine buying for a ton of people for Christmas.  But many people do. 

• 3 weeks ago

I don’t celebrate Christmas because of this reason

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.