Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 3 weeks ago

On Christmas how do I overcome the darkness of the grim day that brings me so much sadness?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

For millions upon millions, it is a joyous day. It is grim because you choose to see it that way. It sounds like a personal problem to me. If you can choose to see it as grim, you can choose to view it otherwise. It is up to you. No amount of advice that encourages you to deal with a situation you created in your head is going to help.

• Anonymous
    6 days ago

With alcohol, works for me and I am not even an alcoholic.

• A C
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.  Receive the greatest gift by asking  Him into your life as Lord and Savior.  Read the New Testament, starting with the Gospel of John; then Romans.    Look for someone who needs a friend and be their friend.  Help someone in need.  It is more blessed to give than to receive. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I too,

I play "Skyrim" and listen to happy music.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Change your attitude and get the big colored traditional Christmas tree lights.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

On Christmas, just think of those surrounded by loving families, that celebrate the true meaning of the holiday season. 

• 3 weeks ago

Try and get your mind off yourself

• 3 weeks ago

🥴 Honestly?

You ALWAYS look on the bright side.

That means you acknowledge your blessings and stop looking at what you don't have. 😄

If you are unaware of what your blessings are, take a minute to sit and recognize what you're taking for granted.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The worst thing you can do is sit home and obsess about how sad you are. Volunteer at a Christmas dinner for the homeless. There are usually several organizations that host them. Find a church in your area that offers a "Blue Christmas" service. It's for people that feel just as you do around that time of year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.