Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 3 weeks ago

On Christmas how do I overcome the darkness of the grim day that brings me so much sadness?

Best Answer

For millions upon millions, it is a joyous day. It is grim because you choose to see it that way. It sounds like a personal problem to me. If you can choose to see it as grim, you can choose to view it otherwise. It is up to you. No amount of advice that encourages you to deal with a situation you created in your head is going to help.

6 days ago

With alcohol, works for me and I am not even an alcoholic.

• A C

Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.  Receive the greatest gift by asking  Him into your life as Lord and Savior.  Read the New Testament, starting with the Gospel of John; then Romans.    Look for someone who needs a friend and be their friend.  Help someone in need.  It is more blessed to give than to receive. 

I too,

I play "Skyrim" and listen to happy music.

Change your attitude and get the big colored traditional Christmas tree lights.

On Christmas, just think of those surrounded by loving families, that celebrate the true meaning of the holiday season. 

Try and get your mind off yourself

🥴 Honestly?

You ALWAYS look on the bright side.

That means you acknowledge your blessings and stop looking at what you don't have. 😄

If you are unaware of what your blessings are, take a minute to sit and recognize what you're taking for granted.

• Eva

The worst thing you can do is sit home and obsess about how sad you are. Volunteer at a Christmas dinner for the homeless. There are usually several organizations that host them. Find a church in your area that offers a "Blue Christmas" service. It's for people that feel just as you do around that time of year.