Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 8 months ago

Never received a tax forum to fill out for work?

I have been working at my job for about 5 months now, and was kind of just thinking-I never filled out a tax forum at work.. My manager never mentioned it or gave me one. Every paycheck I receive there ARE taxes taken out of it, so its not like my check isn't being taxed or anything, but I was just wondering if this will affect my filling for taxes next year, and if I need to do something special.

Regardless, I will be asking for a tax forum the next time I am at work-I was just curious in the mean time if anyone knows if I need to take extra steps or if I'll be ok.. Thanks!!!!!

I would surmise that you filled out a tax form and forgot.

It only has your name, address, SSN, and a few other fields so it's not very memorable to complete.

If you would like to make sure it setup correctly, you can turn in a new form any time you want.

If you do not submit one, they withhold at the highest rate by default. Will have no affect on your tax filing.

• martin

Don't worry. They take money out, and the only time the tax form is needed is when you want to control how much will be withheld from your pay.

• Scott

Tax FORM, not "forum". You are being taxed at the default rate - whatever that is. You need to fill out a W4 FORM so you have the correct amount of taxes withheld.