Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 8 months ago

Never received a tax forum to fill out for work?

I have been working at my job for about 5 months now, and was kind of just thinking-I never filled out a tax forum at work.. My manager never mentioned it or gave me one. Every paycheck I receive there ARE taxes taken out of it, so its not like my check isn't being taxed or anything, but I was just wondering if this will affect my filling for taxes next year, and if I need to do something special.

Regardless, I will be asking for a tax forum the next time I am at work-I was just curious in the mean time if anyone knows if I need to take extra steps or if I'll be ok.. Thanks!!!!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

I would surmise that you filled out a tax form and forgot.

It only has your name, address, SSN, and a few other fields so it's not very memorable to complete.

If you would like to make sure it setup correctly, you can turn in a new form any time you want.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

If you do not submit one, they withhold at the highest rate by default. Will have no affect on your tax filing.

• martin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Don't worry. They take money out, and the only time the tax form is needed is when you want to control how much will be withheld from your pay.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Tax FORM, not "forum". You are being taxed at the default rate - whatever that is. You need to fill out a W4 FORM so you have the correct amount of taxes withheld.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.