Is Empire ending due to Jussie Smollett being fired?

I can't believe this is the last season of Empire. I still remember watching the first episode back in Jan 2015 after returning from the gym on a Wednesday night and I remember seeing the previews for months and I kept thinking I wasn't gonna be interested in it even though my husband at the time kept saying "I know you're gonna watch that show". I just knew it would be a hit show and last longer than just 4 years (I know it'll almost be 5 years in 2 weeks when the finale ends, but it'll still be 2019 and it premiered in early 2015, so 2015 to 2019 is 4 yrs ago). I know it lost a lot of viewers after Jussie's character, Jamal, was written off. Like I said, I just knew this show was gonna last 5 years or more.

Best Answer

Yes and no. It’s more the low ratings it was getting. Nowadays most TV dramas don’t tend to last as long.

But Jussie probably had a little since some people stopped watching due to him.

No. He was a minor character and left last season. It's been 5 years and Taraji P. Henson is getting too many movie roles.

• Jessica H2 weeks agoReport

They started filming it 5 years ago I guess. Cuz it didn't premiere till 2015.

The entire case was absurd. Obviously the criminals involved had gotten ahold of his checkbook, so I'm not sure how anyone is saying he faked his own attack. Completely an injustice. It was because they were MAGA Trump Supporter's that he lost the case, the criminals had corruption on their side.