Help!! Iphone desperation ?

I recently had my iPhone X NEAR my shower while I was showering and now there is supposedly water damage inside the phone even though the strip was never activated!! Complete bullshit considering this thing is supposed to legit be able to handle water submersion!! I would have never even imagined something as simple as humidity would do this.. I did not purchase insurance or Apple care and I’m so desperate. I sent the phone to get checked at Apple and want to know if I get insurance through a 3rd party is there any way they could find out the phone had been determined damaged by Apple? Is there any recommendations on companies that cover water damage? I have a leased phone and have had life hit me like a bus in 5 different directions lately.. I cannot afford this mess and I use my phone to work. I need a solution that isn’t going to cost me $599.. please any good hearted understanding people. Help me!! 

That's your fault for bringing a device to a BATHROOM.

There's two LCI indicators on the phone, one outside under the SIM tray and one inside the phone underneath the display. It's absolutely possible to trip one but not the other. Generally Apple goes by what the internal one says to determine damage coverage. You wouldn't know what the internal indicator looks like without dismantling the phone, which requires specialty tools.

Note that water resistant is not waterproof. It can withstand water for a little while but prolonged submersion or exposure can still potentially damage the phone. The iphone X is rated IP67 which means it is water resistant for submersion in up to 3 feet of water for 30 minutes.

Generally speaking you can't purchase insurance on a device that's already broken.