What to use to attach fursuit tail to belt loop?

I'm making a fursuit, (only head paws and tail) and I need to know how and what to use to attach my fursuit tail to my belt loop... Anyone got any ideas/answers?

Favorite Answer

If the tail is very lightweight:  At the base of the tail add a pair of string ties so you can tie it the belt loop. The wider the ties the more secure it will be. You can also add a strip of fur, buttons and a buttonhole to the base of the tail. A friend has two strips with buttons and buttonholes. His tail is attached to the belt on either side of the belt loop straddling it. This is actually the best because the belt loop isn't that strong and you don't want the belt loop being ripped out by the weight of the tail especially if you have a large heavy bushy tail. 

• Sky

Honestly, you'll get a lot better suggestions asking people on a furry forum, or ask other fursuit builders directly, than asking the likes of the Y!A crowd.  As a furry myself I'd love to help but I'm not a fursuit builder and don't have a fursuit (yet), and don't even have a tail.  I've looked at tails sold at furry conventions and there's a variety of ways they are attached, such as having loops that a belt would thread through, but I don't remember seeing something that would directly attach to belt loops if you don't want to wear a belt.