Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

why do people like to post pictures of their life on Face book? is this mostly showing off? why they do that?

which kinds like that? why or why are they like that? which kinds arent like that?

& do you think that most people who put things on face book do so to make others feel jealous and therefore "bad"? or other? why?

• LP7
    Best Answer

Needing emotional acceptance, ego inflation, attention seeking, shy,depressed,feel left out,lonely,reassurance that they exist.Choose whichever suits you.

• LP7
      3 weeks agoReport

Maybe their unhappy with their own life and pretend to be with photo's, inept at communicating in real life,misunderstood at home or friendships,feeling unloved in dysfunctional family

The more a I bragged and showed off on Facebook when I was a teen, the more cripplingly insecure and unhappy I was. I later had to deactivate and go on anti depressants, but my pictures showed me having the time of my life. (Little did anyone know, I was self medicating with alcohol and when those pictures were taken I was on a high from the drink, but my mood would plummet the next morning)

I honestly don't know but you can't really judge someone's life from Facebook.  If they are lonely with no friends or anyone who likes them it's not like they will advertise that.  It's different from the real, physical world in which people no doubt treat them differently and know who they are. This could be insecurity, a need to look better/happier than they are, we don't know.  Maybe their lives really ARE this great and they are proud of that and there is nothing wrong with that.  On the contrary, the ones who act as if they can do no wrong often are the ones with the most to hide.

because they're a joke.

They do it because they think it would inspire other people to live, to travel, to try new things and so on. 

They may be one with a few friends and like to show the world what they do.For some it can be jealousy.

Shallow lives is what they live, that fluffs up their shallow lives