Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Why do idiots think child abuse causes mental health issues?

I don’t get how getting hit and yelled at damages your brain. People need to accept what has happened to them and move on. Also, almost every child has been hit before.

They use you as an example - and, presto!  This conclusion.

"Also, almost every child has been hit before."  Before what?

You are confusing child abuse with being hit.  A child in my City was just found dead in her crib with a broken arm, broken leg, black eyes and broken ribs.  So that counts as "having been hit before" in your demented world?

Well because if you’re abused as a child your mind is still developing and it sort of becomes a habit and something you’re used too. Now when taken out of that lifestyle affects the way the person’s mind thinks because of the change. It’s just all based on psychological thoughts and experiences. 

Why don’t you volunteer as a subject and see for yourself?

abuse is not always physical. And a child's mentality is extremely fragile. They can get insecurities, traumas, etc from child abuse. And yes, they ARE moving on, but that doesn't mean the brain simply removes the memory of it. The brain will immediately be on the defensive if it senses something similar happening again. By avoiding these types of situations is how the brain protect the body. 

People need to stop answering this obviously sick individual’s questions. This has gone on long enough. Click on the little flag at the end of the question and report. But don’t answer. Answering only encourages this individual. 

• atomic fireball
      3 weeks agoReport

The “idiot” descriptor is his trademark. We’re all familiar with it

It's not about whether you personally 'get' it or not. There is a tonne of science behind this. Educate yourself. Even the way you have typed this question shows a lot about your character. Jesus Christ I'm going to be sick hahaha

A person who is incapable of what other people might go through is a pure idiot. 

Stop trolling please

You have no right to say this because you have no empathy and you didn’t go through child abuse. Can you imagine having your parents put you down everyday (saying you’ll never be good enough for anything) and having to be scared for your life until your 18 (my father who say I should kill you because he would be so angry). Yeah you have no right to say this...my parents also were very loving but they also abused me some days so it messed me up and I grew up confused..I didn’t realize what was right or wrong to do and I had to learn about it so I wouldn’t repeat what they did to me..as you see it can cause also depression which is a mental problem but it also can cause PTSD trauma and it makes the child need therapy as I also had daddy issues and was interested in men like 30 years older than me..and you were saying child abuse doesn’t do anything? Right because we are suppose to know what’s right and be healthy when we grow up with no healthy parents who did bad things? Being hit is abuse and I’m so sorry f you’re going through that. You’ll be on your own soon I promise. Just hang in there

Your lack of empathy does not make you correct.