How do I as a black man dress relaxed without looking gangsta? ?

I work at a warehouse doing physical labor. I have people around me getting triggered and accusing me of trying trying to be gangsta and trying to call me out as a fake. They gossip and billy me verbally ober this. This is what I got to look forward to at work every day. Im not trying to be a gangsta. I just need tips. How do I as a black man dress relaxed without looking gangsta? Are there nikies that quiet reserved people wear?  I really like nike shoes.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

they need to leave you be and let you do your job, wearing whatever is comfortable for you

• KatieC
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

It sounds like the people you work with are ridiculous. I mean, do they wear a suit and tie for manual labor?? You should wear whatever you’re comfortable in.

• 3 weeks ago

Sucks that your work environment is like that. If all you're looking to change is the way you dress, get a few collared short sleeve shirts. I know they're not exactly "relaxed", but they will off-put anyone calling you a "Gangsta". If you don't like the collared tee look, you could also go with custom tailoring your shirts so they fit you correctly. This is a bit more expensive but if you're still looking to remain very comfortable, custom-tailored shirts put off a less menacing vibe, due to them not looking too big or too small, just right. As for shoes, the Nike SBs or Nike Tanjun look very casual and work-friendly, nothing flashy like AF1s or Jordans.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would just talk to your boss about it and tell him what theyre doing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.