How do you cool someone down?

My fiance recently got mad at me after I threatened to call off an engagement. He is furious!!!?! How do I make someone LESS mad at me? Help please? 

• edward
    Best Answer

Spray him in the face with a mist bottle. He might be angry but he also might think it’s funny

Apologize profusely and kindly make it up to him.

Well if this is the beginning what would you expect in the future in one two year or 20.

Just try with someone else now or in 20 years :).

Time alone usually allows someone to cool off. But if this guy has such a rage disorder that he's "furious" over you having cold feet about the wedding this may not be someone you want to commit to for life.

Sounds like you guys shouldn’t be getting married ... either because you’re so immature that you pretend to call off the wedding every time you get mad at him, or because he’s done something actually worth calling off the wedding for. 

If you insist on staying together, then get into couples counseling ASAP, and don’t dare resume the wedding plans until you both figure out how to act right.

This isn't about him being furious.

This is about him realizing that he is actually considering marrying someone who threatens to bail when she doesn't get what she wants.

Marrying someone who lacks maturity, lacks commitment and lacks the skills necessary to work together to resolve conflict is a really bad idea.

His anger is the least of your problems. 

• Linda

Why were you threatening to call off the engagement in the first place? Is it bc of his temper or jealousy? I can understand him being hurt or upset if you canceled the engagement but not furious. He sounds like he might be controlling and vengeful. Unless you did something really bad to make him so mad you should not be worrying how to keep him happy. If you marry him you might have to walk on eggshells the rest of your life and just think how miserable you might be. Think long and hard bf you marry him or you may live to regret it very soon.

Honest talk ? ******* ?

Don't play with people's emotions, because we all have fragile little egos that can easily get hurt and we're usually infuriated, and sometimes there are guns close to us...

• Candi

Just tell him you needed more time to yourself, youre going to school, financial crisis, emotional issues etcetera. Im sure he will understand. I was told I wasn't going to be marriage potential because I didn't have the same faith as he did. So I called it off making it more clear that when two people love each other they should really get to know each other more before getting too involved with each other. As a matter of fact my religion was the true one. I come from very strong spiritual values.

😄

You sulk.

You bite the bullet.

You eat his temper tantrums until he's good and ready to come around.

And never mention it again.

Note: I wouldn't try talking to him right now. He can't see straight. Wait for him to come to you. --He will.