What color is a cake?

Me and my fiance have been in an argument. He claims that the color of cake is tan, but I believe that cakes can come in a multitude of colors. Can someone please help me? Just know that I am not afraid to call off any engagement :^).

Best Answer

Cancelling an engagement over cake is pretty silly. But OBVIOUSLY cake can be made in any color. Ask him if he hasn't heard of red velvet, rainbow cake or Battenberg Cake. I truly hope you're not both so immature that this becomes the catalyst for your breakup.

• Ann

Well, actually there can be two cakes at a wedding--a bride's cake and a groom's cake.  Tell him he can have his "tan" cake--a spice cake or pumpkin cake.  Yours can be any color you want--red velvet, funfetti, strawberry pink--or whatever.  The usual icing on a bride's cake is white, but the inside could be a surprise.  He, on the other hand, can have his tan cake with brown icing (chocolate, peanut butter, or penuche).  Problem solved.  Oh, and if you're immature enough to break up over the color of a cake, please rethink getting married.

it's white.....

Cake is a little yellow if you use egg yolk that can make the outside tan when it cooks.  Why would you break up with him over a cake disagreement... You can make the cake any hue with food coloring and the tan outer crust can get cut off.

I'm not sure why you'd call off an engagement on such a trivial issue.

'Standard' sponge cake generally comes in a beige colour; but as you've stated, cake has many options (and ingredients; fruit cake for example)

• Kelly

I own a bakery and cakes come in every color of the rainbow and then some.

There's white cake, yellow cake, tan cake, brown (chocolate) cake and every rainbow color you can find.

• audrey

The two of you should not get married. You should not get married ever!

It’s usually Patty.

I hope you are not serious about calling off a marriage on something this trivial.

The color of the cake is governed by its ingredients and any food coloring mixed in the batter.

We have several types of boxed mixes that are of different colors:

- White cake

- Chocolate cake

- Yellow cake

- Strawberry cake

- Red Velvet cake