What is the best investment you ever made?

Many years ago I got into buying stock options.  I made 9 trades back to back that gave me a great profit each time.  Then I got stupid and put it all into one stock option against my wisdom and lost most of it.  Never got into that habit again.

Buying a Toy car for my lovely boy.

• if you need a good and reliable Bitcoin Investments Binary Options Trader kindly contact Mr Wilson via WhatsApp: +15072627697 or email: wilsoncowell04@gmail.com

on a miele vacuum cleaner

The best investment I have made is in mutual funds. There are a number of reasons why I invested in mutual funds. Mutual funds have been growing exponentially.

• B

buying cisco systems awhile ago

• Joe

IBM when it was 50, before the two splits.

Are you looking for one single item, or in general?

Because the best thing we did was start to save and invest early, having the money come out of our pay directly where we wouldn't have it to spend. It paid off handsomely over the 35 or so years we worked until we retired. But it was invested in various funds, so I can't tell you about any single funds that paid off big.

The best decision we made was hanging on to my wife's company stock that was given to her as the company's profit-sharing component of her 401k, they did not make a cash match.  When she left the company, she could have sold it but we kept it and that paid off, but the best decision was when we retired, to sell it then and roll her 401k over to her IRA.  That stock is no down $65 a share from what we sold at, and that move saved us a loss of over $50k.

The best single investment I made was buying a Bobby Orr rookie card in 1995 for about $650 that is now worth about $20k.

Percentagewise?  Bought $100 Trillion Zimbabwe Dollar Bills for 50 cents each, they are going for like $130 - $150 on eBay now.  

1. My education, and the education of my daughters. 

2. My home

In the late 90s I bought $1700 worth of Siebel Systems and about 18 months later it was worth 43k.

Of course I was too greedy/stupid to sell it when I was in my 20s. 

Important life lesson learned.

Like Kenny says, you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...