Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Now if there is no resurrection what will those do who are baptized 4 the dead? If the dead r not raised @ all Y are people baptized 4 them?

Best Answer

We are born "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12; I Corinthians 15:21-22)

We are the one's who were baptized for our DEAD spirits as we were RESURRECTED from the DEAD when we

"Buried our sins into Christ, were filled with the Holy Ghost" and began to walk in the newness of life" (Romans 6:3-4).

That's why I Corinthians 15:29 says

"Else what shall they [aka us] do which are baptized for the dead [our dead spirits], if the dead rise not at all? why are they [aka us] then baptized for the dead [our dead spirit]?"

You people don't know it's His "POWER that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) 

WHO (I Cor 15:45) "QUICKENS" us back to life (Ephesians 2:1) as we are "RESURRECTED" (I Cor 15) from our DEAD spirits (I Cor 15:21-22),

We have to be Holy Spirit baptized and is when we "SOW OUR SINS INTO CHRIST (I Cor 15:37;38) as mentioned in Romans 6:3-4 "BURIED WITH HIM BY BAPTISM"

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death [aka "like as Christ was raised up by the glory of the Father" Rm 6:4] we shall also be in the likeness of His RESURRECTION" (Rm 6:5).

Go back to I Corinthians 15:35-38

35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not ***QUICKENED,**** [Eph 2:1] except it die[ aka bury our sins into Christ; aka Spirit; Rm 6:3]:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body."

"PLANTED" (Romans 6:5) = "SOWED" (I Corinthians 15:36)!

Scripture ***WITNESSES*** Scripture to have a RIGHTEOUS belief.

We are "RESURRECTED FROM OUR DEAD SPIRITS" >>>IN THIS LIFE!"<<<

"If in THIS LIFE only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable" (I Corinthians 15:19).

"And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?" (I Corinthians 15:30)!

"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins" (I Corinthians 15:17)!

If you're not Holy Spirit baptized, haven't buried your sins into Christ and your "DEAD spirit" has not been "QUICKENED" 

"YOUR FAITH IS VAIN; AND YOU ARE YET IN YOUR SINS!"

"This is what I preach and this is what you MUST believe to be SAVED" (I Corinthians 15:11).

HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM ***SAVES*** (Mark 16:16)!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I didn't see this question!

GOD slapped the computer to it so FAST I didn't know what happened! :)

REALLY!

I was asleep and GOD SAID "Get up!"

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

THANK YOU JESUS!  IF ONLY ***ONE*** PERSON CAN SEE IT 

THE ANGELS REJOICE IN HEAVEN!

I THANK YOU LORD!  

I FEEL SO ALONE SOMETIMES BUT MY PREACHING IS NOT IN VAIN.

THANK YOU JESUS!

[AS SHE CRIES!]  

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the Utah Mormons do it wrong .

Verse 29 also. Paul used the commonplace practice of vicarious baptisms for the dead to remind Christians of the physical and literal reality of the resurrections, which today most deny, by the way.

Does that suggest a vicarious event a la LDS practice? Certainly not. Four points are in view here, vv. 29, 30. 1. This passage is about the "resurrection body". 2. "Baptism" is incidental here. 3. Possibly suggests "motive" ("ON ACCOUNT" of the dead) 4. Possibly an accommodative thrust, "in the place of" (in order to replenish) The latter might suggest what we are familiar with in sporting events, whereby a player is sent in to replace another.

Only god knows.

Paul makes a good point, but instead of opening the question to further investigation, simply asserts that people would still be in their sins, which technically they still are, as defined by the bible. In Christianity, the goal is not to be without sin, but to be "forgiven" for being in sin, which is a rather dismal view of God's creation. It would be like a toddler finding themselves unworthy of their parents who brought them into this world. A parent would never want that kind of thinking for their child, it is self defeating. Also there are two types of baptism in the NT, one is of water, which is a purification ritual used for repentance to the Father and the other is meant to be with fire and spirit, supposedly by Jesus himself when he returns.

• Norine3 weeks agoReport

"...the goal is not to be without sin?"

WHAT?  When "the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins" (I John 1:7).

You DENY THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN CLEANSE OUR SINS?

What is wrong with you?

YOU DEFY THE WORD OF GOD

Believing ***TWO*** baptisms when GOD SAID "ONE baptism" in Eph 4:5! 

Um, what's the question?

New Jerusalem Bible reads:  “What are people up to who have themselves baptised on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, what is the point of being baptised on their behalf?”​—1 Corinthians 15:29.

King James Version reads: “Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?”

NWT reads:  “What will they do who are being baptized for the purpose of being dead ones? If the dead are not to be raised up at all, why are they also being baptized for the purpose of being such?”  The Greek preposition hyper, sometimes translated “for” or “on behalf of” can also mean “for the purpose of."  Paul is talking to those who had been anointed for heavenly life.  They are going to die and attain to heavenly life just like Jesus did.  But Paul is asking: if there is no resurrection, if the faithful dead do not come to life then why are the faithful being baptized?  See also Colossians 2:12:  “You were buried with him in his baptism, and by relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the operation of God, who raised him up from the dead.”​

• Misty

Death is the end, it doesn't matter what your beliefs are.