Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 8 months ago

What does kid meat taste like?

My friends said that kid meat is far tastier than adult meat, I've only eaten the adult, is it softer and more tender?, I just don't fee like eating kids as they are just babies, I just feel like eating them once they become adult goats.

• denise

Obviously its more tender, In the same way as veal [calf meat] is to adult cattle.

It's a lot more smaller but very tender and tasty. Not like an adult (it chews like beef jerky).

• Clive

Yes, that's usually the case - younger meat will be less tough and more tender, whatever the animal is.  Same with lamb - it's nicer than mutton from an older sheep.

Tastier is another thing.  More mature meat probably has more flavour.  This is certainly true with chicken.  It usually doesn't taste of much because the chickens are fattened up quickly and slaughtered at a young age.  Older birds will have more flavour but they need to be cooked more gently for longer to soften the meat.

• Petter

Hardly tastier, but probably more tender, yes.

Good thing I read your question to the end haha But yeah it’s pretty much the same concept as lamb. Younger is always more tender.